Lanna Lee at Stonecoast

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Roomies

I am so glad I decided to stay over at Bowdoin College during the conference. Not only am I only 15 minutes from the Stone House (where the workshops are during the day) but I feel immersed into writerdom.

One of the best things about it is that I have two roommates! And fortunately, I got lucky, I wouldn't have wanted to share space with anyone else. Yes, I have a single room, but it is part of a suite with 4 private rooms and a men's and women's bath. (There are only women on our floor, so I am using the men's room.)

Becky was the first person I met, she and I moved in at the same time. I only had one person helping me move in (Edmund) - she had a whole posse! Which is fitting, because she is from Texas!(Becky and her family, 18 total people, were vacationing in Maine before the conference. I am told that is just a portion of her family.) Becky is also in the Poetry Workshop, and I love her insight. She is also very brave - if she doesn't "get it," she'll tell you! Just imagine some southern charm with just the right amount of sass.

Kate and I quickly bonded over finding internet access! Of course, that was mainly so she could keep up with her online RPG (role-playing games) - I just wanted to check my email now and again. It is nice to share a room with another technophile. I have a 30-gig Ipod, Kate has a 30-gig Ipod. I have an alarm clock to plug my Ipod into, Kate has an alarm clock to plug her Ipod into. I have my laptop, Kate has her laptop. I have my car, Kat has her car. We are almost twins, except Kate is a bit more well-read and is almost 20 years younger than me. Kate is in the Developing Fiction Workshop, and is writing a fun story about a guy who kills someone because of sunscreen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home